Monday, December 29, 2008

Dad's Gift..

I made a small recipe book for my dad this year. I also made one for the realtor who helped us buy our new house and my best friend nikki. They are all different in little ways but here is the one I made dad...
On the back of each page, I stamped a journaling spot and wrote "Notes:" on it so he could write special notes about the recipe(s) on it.. like maybe.. add more sugar... or something.

When I arrived at his house on Saturday for our Christmas get together.. He was basting the Apple Dumplings!!! Yummy!! I snapped a pic of them as he was doing it.. I thought I'd show you what this last recipe looks like before you dive in and eat it. :)

Doesn't it make you hungry??

4 comments:

Penny said...

just wonderful! what a great gift!

Ashley M said...

what an awesome gift! i love how you added the notes section to the back of every page...so clever! those apple dumplings are making my mouth water... must leave page now... hehe

E and K Rausch said...

Wow what a great gift. I have been following your blog for sometime now. I think you should sell these recipe books. I am too lazy to make anything that cool. I love all your stamps!

Kristine B. said...

Looks like you put a LOT of work into these fabulous recipe books!! I'm sure they're be much appreciated. =)