Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Tags...

Greetings! Tonight I just thought I'd pop in and say hello with some gift tags I made. nothing fancy but they are pretty.
This first one is super easy to make. I just cut out a snowflake using a cuttlebug die I have and then using light adhesive in little dots, I stuck it to the tag and used distress ink to "stipple" around it. Then I removed the snowflake and used my adhesive remover (EK Success) to take off any adhesive left. Next I used the corner of a foam pad to rub some Broken China ink onto the snowflake and I added Rock Candy Stickles to it to give the shine. I stamped the ornaments with Red Pepper Adirondak ink and embellished with ribbon and some Cosmo Cricket letter stickers. Oh... I used Peeled paint to stamp the sentiment. :)
On this second tag, I aged the tag with some distress inks I think I used stormy sky and peeled paint (don't quote me).. I stamped the ornaments with peeled paint distress ink, the sentiment with red pepper Adirondak ink.. Then I cut out and embossed an ornamet that I have (Cuttlebug) I distressed it with the same inks and added some glitter glue then pop dotted it to the front of the tag. Added some ribbon and here it is! :)
Lastly, I distressed the tag with distress inks, again I can't remember the colors. I stamped the snowflakes with Faded Jeans Distress ink and the sentiments with crushed olive di ink. Next I heated the tag until I thought it was dry... Well, not all the way but to the point where I throught it was touchable without smudging! Then I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. Where the tag was wet is where the embossing powder stuck. It's pretty neat! I added some rhinestones with me irock added to and from with a sharpie and viola! :)
That's my post for this cold rainy/snowy Saturday night. I hope you've enjoyed my tags. They are the only 3 I made this year! No fancy Christmas here. We are having a freind over and that's about it. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest new year ever! Be safe and take care.
Vicki

No comments: