Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Changing It Up!

Oh Holey Cow! 2 posts in 1 day! I know.. right? You are all shocked huh? :) I'm having fun playing with resists! Well ok this isn't quite a resist. It's more of a "How to Change Patterned Paper" card. :) I call it Changing It Up.


So you have a bunch of old patterned paper you don't like.. But you can't bring yourself to get rid of it.. I say stamp it! I got this idea from Jennifer McGuire in her Inspiration Showcase class. I've done this quite a bit before and before I even knew about Jennifer or her class. But She reminded me of it. :) You know how it goes, you do something 1 time then you file it in the back of your head and need a nugde to pull out that "file" again? So.. here's how I made this card:



Take some patterned paper and use one of the new large background stamps from Queen Kat Designs. here's a link. I used Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped it onto some patterned paper and adhered it to my card front.


I then stamped another background and cut out part of the image, matted it and added it to the front of my card. Using a cuttlebug flower set I got about a year or so ago I made a little flower out of white cardstock and inked it with Wild honey distress ink. I added a rhinestone in the middle with some Glossy Accents and I punched the leaves out of the patterned paper (before it was stamped) Added ribbon and the flower to the front of the card and I was done! :)

Now you go try it! :)

No comments: