Thursday, August 2, 2012

Creative Edges Blog Hop!

Hi guys!! It's me!!!! I'm back!!! Yes I know its been almost a year since I've blogged. I've been so busy! But I'm here now! :) I am on a blog hop with my fabulous Royal Court at Queen Kat Designs!! I have a fun card to show off today. It's a rocker chick! 

The stamps I used on this card are from the fun Sin Bonnet Sue Collection!

My card was pretty easy to make... I took a regular white card base that measured 5.5"x4.25" and adhered a piece of red cardstock to it then I cut the right egde free hand. I used a background stamp from the background basement at Queen Kat Designs to add some 3-d effect to the red cardstock. Then with the black patterned paper, I cut it freehand and applied the two eyelets on the left hand top and bottom then adhered that to the cardbase. 

Next, I stamped and colored my image, I swiped my egdes of my image with red ink and matted it with black. I stamped my saying with red ink on a scrap of white cardstock, matted it on some of the black patterned paper, then onto some red cardstock. (use your scraps!) I applied eyelets and a safety pin and used a pop dot to give it a 3-d effect on the card. then I layered up some silk and paper flowers, grunged them up with some acrylic paint and a brad and glued it to the front of the card with Glossy Accents. :) Add stickles here and there and there ya go! 

thank you so much for coming to our blog hop today! I'm glad you stopped by! 

the next stop on our hop today is Ms. Pat. Please hop over to her blog now to see her fabulous creative edged card! Thank you for coming!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the card Ms Queen. The colors are gorgeous!

Miranda said...

love this card, the image is so cute, great shape

Pat said...

dude, your card rocks! Love the bright colors and the image. Peace, love and rock n roll!!

Julia said...

oh, this is so cute! Love the border and the image is fab. TFS!
Hugs,
Julia

Just Me said...

Darling card. The Sin Bonnet Sue image reminds me of the quilt I made that had little girls with the same bonnet. She was called Sun Bonnet. I don't remember if she had a name.

Unknown said...

Vikki this is wonderful. I just never think of cutting the edge by hand.

Cindy H. said...

love the 3 d effect really nice job
Cindy Horsley

Anonymous said...

Very creative to cut it free handed. I would be afraid of what mine would look like but yours is beautiful.