Monday, October 20, 2008

Minimal Mojo!

Ok so the title doesn't totally say how I feel but it's close. :) I got to stamp again tonight. This darn pnemonia is kickin my butt and I can't sleep. It's 1:15am right now and I'm trying to go to sleep but can't stop coughing. So I've been stamping. I was on yahoo IM with Nikki tonight and she was feeding me color combos without knowing what stamp set I was using. :) and this is what we came up with. The first combo was Red and Cream...

For this card I used the Make Me Happy Stamp set and a new cupcake set that's coming out in November at Queen Kat Designs. I think it's so cute. I was blog surfing tonight and I saw some cards that were just goddy and over the top with stuff on them I tried to do minimalistic cards tonight as a challenge. That and taking Nik's color directions about killed me. lol. It's harder that it sounds to just take someone's color choices and make something if you have a particular set in mind and they have no idea. :) I did it to her last month and she created the coolest stuff!

The next Color combo she threw at me was navy and pink and I objected and pouted until she said monochromatic purples. :) Haha. Thanks Nik, i love yah! :)

For this card, I used the Harliquin Background stamp and another cupcake from the new set coming in November. The cardstock is Bazzill and I used the Scalloped Oval Nesters from Spellbinders. I love those things! They are coming out with some new shapes and of course I have my list ready when they hit stores! :) This was the last card we did color combos with as I needed to make a couple of other cards for the new releases in November @ QKD.


This card was made with some new Salt and Pepper shakers that we are releasing in November. They will be a new addition to our already fun and funky food section of the site.


No I haven't lost my mind. And you're not seeing things. :) This IS a beach card. SJ drew a new Beacher Bot and put together with Beachy Bot they make the purrrfect bot couple. Beacher is going to be the latest and greatest addition to the Seperates line @ QKD. I also used part of the Surfs up stamp set for this card. The blue background is embossed with the bubbles emb. folder for the cuttlebug and I inked the top with a teal ink to give more dimension.

I hope you enjoyed my minimalist cards. i don't know if I'll stick with the theme but hey, can't say I have't tried it! :) Have you stamped lately?

2 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Wowzers.. it's amazing what you can do when you are not feeling well! Darling cards... take your vitamin C! Get better soon!!! :-)

Kari said...

Gorgeous cards! You have been busy!!!