Friday, October 16, 2009

All caged up

Hi again! wow 3 days in a row. That's got to be a record right?? hehe. Today I'm showcasing a tag that I made last weekend. I used the Nov. Royal Kit that hit the QKD store yesterday. You have to pick one up. They are fantastic and for that matter, subscribe and don't miss a beat with the kits they keep getting better and better.For this tag, I used a premade- store bought ivory colored tag (have had it forever) I inked the edges with my inkessentials foam applicator (I'm in love with it!) and some Honey CTMH ink. Then I tore a piece of patterned paper and applied it to the tag & trimmed off the egdes. Next I stamped the birdcage in Wild Plum Adirondak Ink on some white cardstock and stamped the flowers over the cage in Honey ink and swiped the edges with the same ink.

I stitched 6 X's with some waxy flax I've had forever... Matted the cage and applied with pop dots to the tag. Added some ribbon and funky fiber and viola! I was done. I think it took me a whole 10 minutes to make and it's so pretty.

I hope you've enjoyed. Take a break and shop with QKD for some fun and funky stamps. :)

Have a great day and visit soon!
Vicki

2 comments:

Penny said...

that bird cage is fabulous!!!!

2amscrapper said...

I love that bird cage stamp! And the tag is awesome!