Friday, February 19, 2010

Been a while....

Hi guys!

It's been a while since I blogged. I dont have much to tell yah. Life is happening at a fast pace right now and I can't get time to put thoughts into focus. I have more CHA pics to share but I dont know when I'll get on my laptop to upload them.. lol I'm sorry. By now you've probably seen it all anyway. I made a couple new tags last weekend. It's the first time I've made something since November.

Since I took Tim Holtz's class @ CHA, I got 4 of the new distress ink pads... Wild Honey, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Barn Red. I used Bard Red and Wild Honey on the tag above. I stamped it with the new Ransom Alphabet background from Queen Kat Designs that we just released today. I made the flower thingy.. I made a gathered circle out of red tulle and singed the edges then cut a circle of organza and singed the edges of that. Then I layered a prima on it.. inked it up, added a jumbo brad and crystal lacquered pearls to the center and BLAM! You have a purdy flower. I think it would be more the size for a card than a tag but hey, not bad for my first tag outta the gate after an almost 3 month creative hiatus.
For the tag above, I used the new Victorian Velvet ink pad and the old Milled Lavendar pad.. Some grunge board wings, crown and key hole.. I painted the crown with bronze crackle paint.. stamped the winds with the new Ransom Alphabet background from QKD and then spread Rock Candy stickles over it and the ink smeared for me and made the wings purple.

I stamped the Bodice stamp and the Goth Necklace and added crystal lacquer and pearls. the crown is attached with gold wire. and the key hole is painted with rock candy stickles and attached with some awesome tiny tiny tiny brads that I found at M's a while ago. PS.. don't lose one then step on it!! it hurts, BAD!

So... in closing I have some fun things to tell you about for QKD. We had an impromptu stamp release today! I released 7 new stamps. 5 backgrounds and 2 steampunk stamps. We also kicked off our Sweet crop today at the new Castle. Please come by and play along. We are having a 3 day online crop. There are 4 challenge, 2 games and a grand prize. There's lots of fun and exciting things to see. Who knows I may decide to release more stamps!!! So come over, register for the board, and join our fabulous groups. The crop will end on Sunday. There's a live chat tonight (Sat) starting at 7pm MST. Join us for some fun.

Have a happy stampy day.

No comments: