Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 2: 12 Days of Christmas Projects

Welcome to the 2nd Day of Christmas Projects. Today I've got a special Christmas Tag for you today. I used the new Northern Exposure stamp set that came out today at QKD. That's right! It's new stamp day at the castle. Here's how I did it...
Supplies:
Tag, Stamps from QKD, Grungeboard holly leaves, Momento Black Ink, Pine Needles Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, Mahogany Distress ink, Red sitckles, Inkessentials foam applicator, Ribbon, Shimmerz paints, Pine Needles Crackle Paint, pop dots, craft mat.
Steps:
1. Make the background: using your pine needle DI ink, sponge it on the top of the tag then do the same with the mahogany on the bottom of the tag. I find I get the best results when I used my Inkessentials foam applicator and my craft mat. I use small circles starting off the tag and working to the inside. I try not to start on the tag because it leaves "edge" marks from the foam and sometimes they are not wet enough to be blendable.
2. Stamp the TO: and FROM: stamp with momento ink and then stamp the snowman.
3. Paint your snowman with your shimmerz paint or any paint you have.
4. Paint the grungeboard holly with pine needles crackle paint. When dry add red stickles and apply to the tag using pop dots or thick zots.
5. Apply ribbon and you're done!
How easy is that? 5 steps to a fun Christmas tag. I hope you will try this project. Come by the store to grab a set of the Northern Exposure snow people. They are fantastic for all your winter crafting.
I'll be back tomorrow with day #3 of the 12 days of Christmas. Until then.. Stay warm!!

3 comments:

Penny said...

love how this turned out

CraftyMomOf3 said...

oooooooooooo!!! and this one too!! soooooooo beautiful!!

My name is Wynneth said...

That's a great tag - I love that snowman stamp ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x