Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 4: 12 Days of Christmas Projects


Ho Ho Ho! I loved making this tag today. I am in love with the new Crackle Paint called Rock Candy by Tim Holtz! and the Rock Candy Stickles.. O.M.G. How fantastic!!!! I have to tell you, I made it today, just in time to sign up for one of his classes at CHA! I am STOKED!!!!! I have never met him but he's like an idol to me. I love watching his videos because I learn soooo much!! Did you know Ranger is coming out with 12 new Distress Ink colors?? I'm gonna die and go to stamping heaven!! I can't wait. I have all of the old ones and I'm excited for the new.

Ok, ok... now for the project of the day... It's so easy to make and so much fun!

Supplies: Tag, Ribbon, QKD Stamp (Light of the Christmas Tree), Snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug, Metallic Gold Adirondak Paint Dauber, Cranberry Adirondack Ink pad, clear embossing powder, green stickles, Oregano Adirondack Ink pad, Dotted patterned paper, Embossing gun, White cardstock, craft sheet, paper towels, Foil corner, Leaf, Adhesive Prima flower and a brad.


Steps:
1. Cover your tag with dotted patterned paper using your choice of mono adhesive. I use Tombow.

2. Ink up the patterned paper with your foam ink applicator and Oregano Ink pad.

3. Dab gold paint along the left hand side of the tag. Do not rub it in, paint it on or anything like that. Dab it straight up and down. That will give you bubbles and texture. As the paint dries it will pop the bubbles and leave you with an awesome texture. I only did 1 width of the dauber because I added another treatment to the other half of the tag. Let dry.

4. Emboss the right hand side of your tag with your cuttlebug embossing folder.

5. Take your paint dauber and dab it onto a scrap piece of paper till it's almost dry. you want it to be like a dry brusk application for this step. Rub it lightly over all your snowflakes. This will give a more 3-D effect to your tag.

6. Now... Break out your rock candy crackle paint!!! This is the fun messy part!! slop it on, baby!! Leave nothing to spare here. The more you add the better effect you get. and I find that if you let it air dry about 10 minutes then heat dry the rest of the way it turns out nicely and you're not waiting too long for it to dry.
7. Stamp a Christmas Tree in Cranberry ink and emboss with clear powder. Layer your flowers and add a brad in the center.
8. When your tag is dry to the touch, Adhere your tree to it along with your flower and leaf.

9. Add your photo corner and green stickles for bling!

Geesh! That's not even 10 steps and you have a fabulous tag ready for the top of a special gift. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with another fun easy project. :) Take a look around at the QKD blog. There are lots of the Royal Court members that are doing their own 12 days of projects!!

Take care and I'll see you tomorrow!! :)

4 comments:

Loretta said...

beautiful christmasy tag indeed

CraftyMomOf3 said...

oh V!!! sooooooooooooooooo stunning!!!

2amscrapper said...

Green with envy that you get to take a class with Tim! Great tag--love the techniques!

Steph Ackerman said...

THis is gorgeous. Im envious that you are taking a class with Tim - I love what he does too.