Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 9: 12 Days of Christmas Projects & Blog Candy

Ok.. So I'm having a really hard time sitting down to blog this year. You'd think.. 12 days.. I could do that.. But noooo life has other plans for me. It's snowing again outside and I just finished snow blowing the driveway. YUCK!! Mother nature needs to keep her snow and dump it somewhere else.. Like I dont know... CHINA??? lol.

So here we are finally with day 9 on my 12 day venture that's going to be a few days past 12.. lol.. Today I've got snowflakes!! lots of em.

I know, I know.. the pics are realllllly bad! But it's been one of them days! :) the tag is white, silver and blue. Not too much bling but it's very pretty.

I have a give away today too! Some Christmas stamps!! yay! Ho ho ho! Leave me a comment and make sure you're a follower of the blog either on blogger or Facebook. I'll choose the winner on Monday.

Here's how I did this tag...

Supplies: Tag, ribbon, velvet ribbon, grungeboard circle, QKD stamps, Faded Jeans DI Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, heat tool, versamark ink, blue azure stazon, pewter metallic crackle paint, foam applicator, snowflake glimmer screen, chestnut roan chalk ink.

Steps:

1. Using repositionable adhesive, apply your glimmer screen to your tag. and ink over it using your ink applicator and blue distress ink.

2. Remove the glimer screen and remove the adhesive it left on your tag if any.

3. Stamp and emboss snowflakes down the left side of your tag and the right bottom over the white snowflake left by your screen in step 1.

4. With your Script Background stamp and chestnut roan ink, stamp over the left side of your tag at an angle. Then stamp To and From in the same ink.

5. Cover the circle of grungeboard with your pewter crackle paint and let dry. Do not heat your metallic crackle paint!! It will turn out crappy if I may say so. Let it air dry. This will take longer than regular crackle paint.

6. When your circle is dry, stamp the snowflake with stazon on top of your crackle paint.

7. Add ribbon and hang your snowflake circle with silver string. If you'd like you can pop dot it to the tag.

8. Trim the bottom of the tag with scallop scissors and punch holes in each scallop.

How fun! :) I had a good time making this tag. I just kept adding more and more until it turned out. :) I hope you'll give it a whirl. :)

See you tomorrow for another tag. :)

2 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Love this! We'll be together catching up on the 12 days!

StampinCathy said...

This tag is so pretty and love the colors. Thanks for a chance a some sweet candy. I'm a follower.